If you are interested in becoming a member, or simply want to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome enthusiastic new members of all abilities. If you are interested in joining us, we would encourage you to come along to an event before joining the Club. Simply find an event that appeals to you and contact the event secretary:
If you are considering joining, we would ask you to consider the following:
- The Club is unashamedly Christian (the clue’s in the name). Full members are expected to hold to the principal tenets of the Christian faith as set out in the Club’s Declaration of Faith. Individuals who accept the Christian basis of the Club and who are in sympathy with its aims, but do not feel able to sign the Declaration of Faith are welcome to join as Associate Members.
- Child membership is normally only open to children of full or associate members. The Club has a Child Protection Policy and all members and guests are expected to abide by the best practice set out in this document.
- You should be reasonably fit – both for your own pleasure and so as not to spoil the pleasure of others – although most of us are by no means athletes!
- You should have appropriate equipment – each event leader will provide guidance on this if needed.
- You should have an awareness of safety in the outdoors to ensure your own safety and the safety of other members. Please read our safety guidelines.
- There is a small annual subscription to cover administration costs and BMC membership. Reduced rates are available for families and those on low income.
The Club provides members with third party civil liability insurance through the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) to cover members for any legal claims made against them for any civil liability arising in connection with club events. This does not cover personal injury and any member wanting this sort of insurance should take out an individual policy.
In addition, all members receive a copy of the BMC’s magazine Summit each year, which contains news on access, safety issues and other items of general interest to mountain walkers and climbers.
We very much look forward to meeting you.